GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The Story of Movies project has six underlying objectives for students. They are:
- to understand that American film is a unique, collaborative art form;
- to understand the historical, social and cultural significance of film;
- to think critically about social issues such as racism, politics, democratic ideals, war, history and culture;
- to use film as a cultural shorthand that speaks across the multi-ethnic, multi-cultural world in which we live;
- to think creatively and critically, not only in the movie theater, but in all aspects of students' lives, and certainly with all artistic communication;
- to embrace the American multi-cultural experience and achieve a deeper understanding of their own place in a diverse American culture.